No, this one.....she calls it the altarpiece.
This from the facebook link...http://www.facebook.com/notes/patrice-c ... 0504443813
An altarpiece in the French woman's house with the tower has now been brought to light. A photgraph of what years ago had been placed in an enclave in part of her still exising wall links, once again, this house to RLC. The altar piece of the Magdalene is the replica of the one still present in the RLC church and dates from approx 1900. It can't be in two places at once. Was it first in the French village or Gerona?
Said to be painted by Sauniere, it appears to be based on the work of an earlier artist in the mid 19th century. It is not so much the artifact, but who finds it. The bearer of this copy would certainly not be someone who would idly present this find. Although RLC has in the last years been keen on attention, Gerona is not, so what point is there in outing this material?
what is the point indeed?
Well we know Sauniere ordered his terracotta religious kitsch from the old family firm, Giscard and Co. of Toulouse, which began in the mid 19th Century. Presumably this is also the origin of this thing.
From the Giscard Family Archive (translation by Bing):
Giscard family has over four generations, worked essentially Terra cotta Toulouse and with what talent!
It is Jean-Baptiste (1824-1906) who created the Giscard institutions after beginning his career as a moulder/statuary in Virebent, another large family of architects and Toulouse statuary. In October 1858, he was granted permission to establish an oven and began producing ornaments facade and religious art for his own account.
His son, Bernard Giscard (1851-1926) directed the institutions during the period which concerns us. Sculptor of great talent, he developed the company engaging in the manufacture of a wide variety of cross, statues, altars, chairs... Then, after war, monuments to the dead!
Henry (1895-1985) was also statuary and contributed to the artistic development of the production facilities. Henry had obtained a scholarship to the École des beaux-arts of Paris, after that of Toulouse, and a second prix de Rome. He succeeded Professor Henry Virebent as teacher at the Beaux-arts and knew him also enjoy late 1920s a new desire to re - decorate churches.
Joseph (1936-2005) he also was the fine arts, and he was the last representative of the line which became extinct so in 2005. He had the wisdom to save much of mussels with Virebent and took care throughout his life to preserve the best many archives of his family while other statutory saw their family heritage go up in smoke. Unfortunately all was not forwarded to the Municipal Archives and some records of correspondence lack including us.http://reinedumidi.com/rlc/Archives.htm