Leo Vinci wrote:
Here's the person that they are all avoiding and terribly afraid of.
So you are suggesting that one should report an archeological discovery to the French Minister of state?
The Ministry of Culture is made up of a variety of internal divisions, including:
* Direction de l'administration générale (DAG)
* Direction de l'architecture et du patrimoine (DAPA) - in charge of tional monuments
* Direction des archives de France (DAF) - in charge of the National Archives
* Direction du livre et de la lecture (DLL) - in charge of French literature and the book trade
* Direction de la musique, de la danse, du théâtre et des spectacles (DMDTS) - in charge of music, dance and theater
* Direction des Musées de France (DMF) - in charge of the National museums
The Ministry also has access to the division :
* Direction du développement des médias (DDM) in charge of developing and expanding the French media (although French public television is run through the public-service company France Télévisions).
The Ministry also runs three "delegations" (administrative boards) :
* Délégation aux arts plastiques (DAP) - in charge of the visual and sculptural arts.
* Délégation au développement et aux affaires internationales (DDAI) - in charge of international affairs and French art
* Délégation générale à la langue française et aux langues de France (DGLFLF) - in charge of the French language and languages of France.
Finally, the Ministry shares in the management of the National Centre of Cinema (Centre national de la cinématographie), a public institution (go to their link here).
The Alliance française is run by the Minister of Foreign Affairs (France).
For more on the organization of the Ministry, see Ministry of Culture.
On the national level, the Ministry also runs:
* Regional Cultural Affairs (Direction régionale des affaires culturelles - DRAC)
* Départemental Architecture and Monuments (Services départementaux de l'architecture et du patrimoine - SDAP)
* Départemental Archives under the direction of the Conseil Général of each département.
* Centre National de la Danse, institution for the study and preservation of dance
The Ministry of Culture is responsible for, or a major sponsor of, a number of annual cultural activities, including:
* Fête de la Musique
* Avignon theater festival
The Tomb has been reported to the correct department - the DRAC. Reporting it to Christine Albanel would be like reporting a problem with your wage packet to the Chancellor of the Exchequer!