Rockefeller once wanted to buy Fontfroide. Fontfroide is related to Valis Dei and Jaffus.
The area of Rennes le Chateau and Rennes les Bains, with the inverted mountain of Bugarach, ruined Cathar castles, hot springs and powerful earth energies has always had a mysterious and sacred history.
The impressive rocks that the hamlet of Lavaldieu are built on are evidence of its megalithic origins. The old paths, lined with huge slabs of stone date from Celtic times and one can follow in the footsteps of the ancient ones (or even those of the dinosaurs). The excavations in progress take us to the 11th.C vaulted foundations of a chapel and to the then owners the Knights of St. John of the Cross. When the Knights were dissolved Lavaldieu became the property of the Abbey of Fontfroide ( approx. 1290) with the names Vallis Dei ; which became in occitan "La val (de) Dieu (in ancient occitan the preposition "de"; was left out ). In the early 1800 there were 5 houses and families here and after the 1st. World War Lavaldieu fell into ruin, the fate of many rural properties.
In 1984 the slow restoration of the ruined hamlet and Lavaldieu s land was undertaken and is now presently owned by a company.
5km from the enigmatic village of Rennes le Chateau.
At a place called "hermitage" at the foot of the valley Lavaldieu this is a stone sign
It is mentioned for the first time in 1067 under the name Albedunum.
it was presented as a Templar Commandery by Abbe Mazieres, who dedicated a book on this controversial hypothesis. It would have been converted to 1290 by the Templars from the Mas-Deu, Commandery Catalan, following a donation of Pierre de Voisins, lord of Rennes-le-Ch?teau. Jean Markale, in his book Rennes-le-Chateau and the mystery of the cursed gold (Editions Pygmalion, 1989), indicates that the Templars were not B?zu arrested October 13, 1307, unlike all Templars of the Kingdom of France. They would then have been under the authority of the Count of Barcelona.
Map I.G.N. (Blue Series, 1:25 000, Quillan, 2347 West) said the remains as those of the castle of the Templars. Below is a rural hamlet named the Tipler, probably alteration of the Templars.
According to legend, in the wells located in the ruins of their farm Baruteaux is hidden a silver bell. It would sound the death knell each night of October 12 to 13 (the Templars were arrested in the kingdom of France Friday, October 13, 1307 ...). A row of ghosts then leave the cemetery and headed towards the castle ...
She is on a peak, on the road between Rennes les Bains, direction Peyrepertuse. This "beauty of stone is in the" triangle of Cathar castles.
In the 10th century a fortified position is built by the Visigoths.
* In 1067, the "castrum BLANCAFORT" is mentioned in the presentation of tribute to the Lord Count of Barcelona.
* By 1100, the castle belonged to the abbey of Jaffus (now defunct). It seems that a turf war is contrasted with that of Alet.
* In 1119, the castrum appears in the bull of Pope Calixtus II. The "castrum BLANCAFORT" belongs to the abbey of Alet. But this was not in agreement with the lord of the castle.
* In 1125, Bernard Blancafort (lord of the castle?) Submits to Viscount Bernard Aton, freezing and its rights Blancafort the benefit of Alet.
* Around 1130, a story (but is it true?) Claims that the Templars were invited by the lord to exploit the gold mine. The mine was an excuse to justify production of precious metal "processing". Some say that gold came from the cast ingot in treasury Wisigoth; which was found in a cave.
By 1209, the beginning of the crusade against the Albigenses, the castle was conquered by the troops of Simon de Montfort.
* Around 1230, Lord William of Blancafort is forced to flee the royal forces. He joined the ranks of "faidit.
* By 1231, the companion in arms of Simon de Montfort, Pierre de Voisins, seized the castle and territory as property of the crusade. He became the new lord of Blanchafort (her new name), and made to pay heavy taxes to the people of this region.http://thunting.com/smf/printpage.html;topic=9712.0
Around the stream of Coulers and the areas where in a field in 1860 a fifty kilo ingot was found and another one about 20 kilos was found made up of melted Arab coins.